Whether you need to make a full-time income or some side money, there are a gazillion ways for mammas to make money from home.
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.* For the full disclosure and privacy statement click here.
Being a mom is already a ton of work and a full-time job on it’s own but if you want or need more money, here are 40 ways to make money from home. These ideas can help you earn an income at home so that you can raise your children on your own terms.
40 Ways to Make Money as a Stay At Home Mom
Become a Mompreneur
Be a mom and an entrepreneur. The book “Boss Mom” will help you manage this major role. Here are some ideas for becoming the mompreneur you’ve always dreamed you could be.
- Start your own Amazon FBA business.
- Affiliate market on Pinterest and other social media.
- Start a money-making blog.
- Sell antiques on ebay.
- Start a consulting business.
- Learn how to buy and sell stocks.
It’s super simple to set up your own blog through WordPress and Bluehost hosting for only $3.45 a month. Also, if you use my link you’ll receive a free domain name. Check out my step-by-step guide to getting your own site set up in minutes.
For the Makeup Junkie
- Start a makeup YouTube channel and use affiliate marketing.
- Become an Avon or Mary Kay rep.
- Be a freelance makeup artist.
- Become a Jamberry Nail Consultant.
If You Are Totally Into Momming
- Start an in-home daycare or take care of one or two extra children.
- Start a Mom Blog.
- Make homemade baby clothes and sell them on Etsy.
- Earn cashback when you use coupons from Swagbucks.
For the Mom Chef
- Start a food blog.
- Create an eCookbook and sell it on Amazon.
- Sell cookware as a consultant for Pampered Chef
- Sell cute recipe cards on Zazzle.
- Bake cakes for parties.
- Set up a booth at a farmers market.
If You Like to Share Your Opinions
- Take surveys with Survey Downline.
- Play games and take surveys with Swagbucks.
- Take surveys from Vindale Research.
- Complete surveys on Amazon’s Mechanical Turk.
For Pet Lovers
- Become a pet sitter.
- Be a dog walker.
- Start a dog grooming business in your home.
For the Writer
- Sell short articles on fiverr.
- Start freelance writing for other blogs.
- Start your own blog.
- Offer your editing services on fiverr.
- Become a ghostwriter of articles for small businesses on Upwork.com
- Publish an e-book
If You are a Frugal Shopper
- Earn money by using coupons through Swagbucks
- Make money through Ebates by shopping and sharing your affiliate link.
- Become a mystery shopper.
For Creative Mavens
I found this book, “Etsy Excellence: The Simple Guide to Creating a Thriving Etsy Business” to be really helpful when figuring out how to sell on Etsy.
- Sell your artwork on Zazzle
- Sell your artwork on Etsy.
- Design and sell T-shirts on CafePress.
- Refinish furniture to sell at craft fairs.
I absolutely LOVE being a work at home mom. Hopefully this list has given you some ideas for making extra income while raising your children. You can also check out my posts on starting a mom blog and how time blocking is the best schedule for work at home moms.
Start a Money Making Blog: Free Course!
Subscribe to this free email course and get everything you need to start a money-making blog! This is a step-by-step system that shows you exactly how to start, launch, and succeed with your own blog.