Gone are the days where you had to camp outside of your favorite store just to be one of the first people in the door on Black Friday. These days, there is really no reason to even leave your house.
I actually still like venturing out on Black Friday but it’s mostly just to people watch. I do most of my holiday and Christmas shopping online now.
Here are my top tips for saving money this holiday season.
Research Black Friday Deals Ahead of Time
- A lot of stores start their Black Friday deals early so make sure you know when your favorite store is starting theirs.
- Also, make sure to research prices ahead of time so that you know you’re getting the best deal.
- Use websites like BlackFriday.com, and DealSpotr to scope out the sales before they begin.
- Sites like Ebates also list Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
Keep Track of Deals
- Create an excel spreadsheet to keep track of your list of gifts and where to find the best prices.
- If using a spreadsheet is a little too much for you, at least jot down the best prices and where to find them. That way you’re not scrambling on the day trying to re-locate deals.
Shop in Store and On-line
- Some stores have online only sales. Others have special in-store only deals. Find out which stores have the things you want and where they’ll be when you do your research.
Don’t Forget to Use Ebates!
- If you’re doing ANY online shopping, don’t forget to use Ebates! Sign up for free here and start out with a $10 credit.
- Ebates will send you a percentage of what you spent online. It’s sent in the form of a check or deposited in your PayPal account. It’s totally legit. I’ve been earning from Ebates for years.
Sign Up for a Free 30 Day Amazon Prime Account
- Sign up here for a free 30 day trial Amazon Prime Account. Amazon hosts amazing deals on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and really all throughout the holiday season. Take advantage of the lightning fast Prime shipping with the free trial.
Sign Up for Store Reward Programs
- Make sure to sign up for store specific reward points before you go shopping.
- For example, Ulta Beauty has a points system that allows you to save on future purchases. Sign up now and get a $10 coupon.
- Kohl’s also has a rewards program that gives you Kohl’s cash.
So are you a person who still goes to the stores on Black Friday or do you do all of your shopping online? Let us know in the comments below.
FREE Christmas Saving Plan
Snag this free 14 week Christmas saving plan. Have the best debt-free Christmas ever!